The Turkish policy has its characteristics and features including the pursuit to adopt the first main principle in its course which is the maintenance of national and home security and the consolidation of the concept of a strong state and the establishment of the principles of sovereignty and independent political decision and work in harmony with all major allies to achieve its ambition and principles and objectives in its international and regional relations.
The operation of “olive branch” comes, which was started days ago and its leaders all types of Turkish military forces, to consolidate these concepts and send a clear message and evidence for all the allies of the Turkish state that it is consistent on its principles and determined to strengthen its national security by adopting the first principle in the formation and maintenance of state safety which is the principle of (self -security).
From here we have to look at the operation of olive branch which comes as a complement to the operation of the shield of the island, in which Turkey strengthened its positions in the Turkish-Syrian border area and in its south-west side according to the following strategic goals and objectives:
1. Adopting the principle of preserving Turkish sovereignty and strengthening the concept of national independence and consolidating the strong state principles supporting the establishment of the concept of self-security.
2. Taking into consideration , first , the attempt of Turkish government and its executive bodies to promote the concept of (national and home security) in accordance with the stable , national principles and objectives and no alternative for it and it sees its first interest in adhering to this principle and work on it.
3. To maintain its international and regional relations and coordination with all parties and allies, in accordance with an independent policy that promotes the principle of national self-independence away from narrow interests and interim objectives.
4. Adopting the principle of “security strategy” in preventing the presence of any elements, bodies and tools that disturb the internal Turkish security situation, even if this led to its move towards the common borders with any neighboring country in order to preserve its national objectives.
5. Benefiting from the internal Syrian political situation and the presence of several armed parties linked to different agendas and policy visions under the support of those who support them, and established the concept of maintaining its security away from these parties and was able to exploit the current situation in Syria and move towards the headquarters of the Labor Party and its places and fronts and address it.
6. The Turkish administration has prioritized maintaining its strategic relationship with the United States through NATO, balancing its relations with the Russian Federation and achieving the immediate interests with Iran in the confrontation it is now facing in northern Syria. Thus, Turkish tools are hostage to maintaining an international and regional policy that achieves Turkey’s Security and military. Interests
7. Enhancing the concept of intelligence and information performance in Turkey in the follow-up movement of leaders and fighters of the Turkish Workers Party and its activities and the direction of the Kurdish protection forces according to military plans in the field and the use of all weapons and military equipment, including the Air Force.
8. The significance of the olive branch and its concept reinforce the political stage of the Turkish government, its adherence to the concept of international and regional peace in the Middle East, combating all forms of terrorism and addressing it in all directions.
Arab Studies Unit
Rawabet Center for Research and Strategic Studies